Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo

I'm doing NaNoWriMo.

I know, it's very 2006, but in 2006 I got about halfway through a fucked up magical realism story featuring very bad Mormons and maladjusted twins before my friend quit, and I quit in solidarity rather than deal with the consequences of finishing NaNoWriMo when it had been her idea.

But this year, I'm trying it, and writing about Lloegyr, specifically a prequel to the current larp.  I'm changing the names (since I've never been happy with the naming convention I came up with for the game), but it should still be recognizable.

My goal: thirty 1,600 word chapters, each telling its own short story about the events leading up to the original scuttled ship, with a recognizable beginning, middle, and end.  I think this will be about Maela primarily, but I'm not sure yet.

Anyways, I'll post chapters as I have them.  I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment